- Who can request speakers?
Professional, community, and civic organizations are welcome to request a Rutgers speaker.
- How much lead time is needed to book a speaker
You should submit your request at least six weeks in advance of the event date. Our office will contact you when your request is processed. If a speaker is available to address your group, you will be put directly in touch with that person to make final arrangements.
- Are there any costs involved?
There is no fee to request a speaker through the Rutgers Speakers Bureau service; however, an honorarium may be required by a speaker and that fee is determined by the speaker. You should pay the speaker directly if an honorarium is part of your agreement.
- What is the minimum audience size to invite a speaker?
Due to the amount of time required to participate in community speaking engagements, the Rutgers Speakers Bureau requires a minimum audience size of 25 attendees.
- What are the responsibilities of the host organization?
- Submit your request online and work with the Office of Community Affairs to secure a speaker.
- Once the speaker accepts your invitation, work directly with him or her to make arrangements regarding the details and logistics of your event.
- Include the name of the university, "Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey," and a short prepared statement about the Rutgers Speakers Bureau when you introduce the speaker.
- Complete and return the evaluation form that will be sent to you following the event.
- Remit travel reimbursement and/or any honorarium directly to the speaker.
- What if I am having trouble finding a speaker for my event?
Contact the Office of Community Affairs at 848-445-1952, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Who do I contact if I have to cancel my event?
Please notify the speaker directly, and then email the Office of Community Affairs at email@example.com.
- How often may I submit a request for a speaker?
We ask that you limit your speaker requests to two submissions per semester (September - December), (January - May).
- How do I become a speaker?
If you are a current Rutgers University–New Brunswick or Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences faculty member, please log in with your net i.d. and complete the "Become a Speaker" form. A member of the Office of Community Affairs will contact you upon receipt of your submission. Applications from non-Rutgers representatives are not accepted.